Monday, May 5, 2008

Definitely My Child


Yesterday I took the girls out on some errands and they each ended up getting one of those beanie baby things. Mina choose a baby Panda Bear. She's had it on her since then, and this morning insisted that she "dressed up like a Panda Bear for school".


We picked her out a black and white outfit and I put her hair up in bunlike ponytails on either side of her head for "ears".


Later, we had this conversation:


Mina: Mama, I want to be a Panda Bear when I grow up. I want our whole family to be Panda Bears.


Me: Um...OK. I guess we'll have to learn to like bamboo.


Mina: Yeah, we can get a bunch of bamboo and make it into bacon.

8 comments:

Dale said...

I'll trade you some bamboo for some bacon. Lots of it growing from the neighbors into my yard. And yep, the stuff grows about a foot a day. If you master the trick about the bacon, I need to know also.

jimmycity said...

That little girl cracks me UP!

SkylersDad said...

Your little girl is wise beyond her years!

yll said...

I love your stories about the girls! They are definitely super-smart!

B/t this & the alligator story.

Joe said...

I love it!

Michael K said...

Pandas love salted/smoked pork products

Cup said...

*snort*

Chris said...

Your kid rocks. Mine wants to be a Zulu warrior when he grows up.

For Your Scrapbook

My photo
I like stuff and things. I've been married for close to 14 years and have two miniature versions of myself running around (and it frightens me most of the time). I have never been nor will I ever be a vegetarian.