Tuesday, November 27, 2007

One Track Mind

I love the exercise class I take on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The Monday and Wednesday ones not so much (stupid cardio), but Tue/Thur gets a hearty thumbs up.

It's a strength training class which I dig, and the teacher is really hard on us which I need.

Today was more difficult than usual because it took everything in me not to completely embarrass myself by laughing my ass off.

She had us do this move where we got down on all fours (which is funny all on its own) and alternate a raised right hand/left leg then vice versa. A set of those led to not only raising said leg/arm combo, but also touching opposite hand to opposite leg and following the path of our arm with our head (to improve our balancing skillz, yo) which the teacher insisted on calling a "reach around".

And if that wasn't enough to me into fits of juvenile giggles, she then started shouting "NOW, JUST THE REACH AROUND. NO HEAD! JUST THE REACH AROUND. NO HEAD!".

I don't know whether to feel sorry for her husband or give him a medal.

5 comments:

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Aw - we need a little more naifs in the world. I would probably have laughed and farted. It's why I work out in the privacy of my own home.

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

"Reach around" is perhaps the funniest phrase in the English language.

Michael K said...

She doesn't sound like the kind of lady that has a husband.

Anonymous said...

How can I thank you for sharing this? I needed to laugh today. No head! Just the reach around! hee hee hee hee heeeeeeeee

Katie Schwartz said...

I once had an exercise teacher that was so into her class during stretch time that she'd moan. I kid you not, she'd moan and say, "oh, fuck yeah, that feels good. oooh yeah." it was a riot.

For Your Scrapbook

My photo
I like stuff and things. I've been married for close to 14 years and have two miniature versions of myself running around (and it frightens me most of the time). I have never been nor will I ever be a vegetarian.