Thursday, February 22, 2007

Fair Warning

When I was in junior high, my best friend was a girl named Leigh. Her sister was 5 years older, and was a really good sport about hanging out with us sometimes. Once in a while, she would share some little known facts with us.

For instance, there is a bone in the penis. I mean, why else would they call it a boner?

Also, she warned us, never never NEVER eat ketchup in front of a boy. It reminds them of period blood, and they will get grossed out.

Let's just say I lost my virginity before she did.

1 comment:

* said...

This reminds me of a friend in college who was smart, but naive when it came to certain sexual matters.

She was in the "boys are gross/i have a crush on so-and-so" stage.

She found the whole idea of sex gross and disturbing and one day we finally found out why.

SOMEWHERE along life's path, she had been led to believe that ejaculate is green and dubbed it the "green-eyed monster". Yuck. (I realize that it usually refers to envy, but she thought it was an appropriate analogy.)

After about 3 days (when we finally stopped laughing), we explained that she was mistaken. I mean, we were all virgins, but we never heard that story before.

For Your Scrapbook

My photo
I like stuff and things. I've been married for close to 14 years and have two miniature versions of myself running around (and it frightens me most of the time). I have never been nor will I ever be a vegetarian.