I love having a fireplace.
I would have a fire going all day every day if I could.
We got our Christmas tree today and had to trim a few hang-y branches around the bottom. We had a fire going, so Jim started throwing them in there.
He was "directing" the girls while they put the ornaments on, so I started throwing more branches in the fire.
The smell was a wonderful wintery aroma of pine and seasoned wood. The sap in the branches made the most magnificent sound and the fire burned so hot I think I got a sunburn from sitting in front of it.
It kind of freaked me out, how intense the fire got. All I could think about is how fast our tree would go up if our house caught on fire.
Because that's what I do. Enjoy something beautiful until I can come up with some tragic scenario and ruin the whole experience.
For Your Scrapbook
- Do they not teach math in public school anymore?
- Hey you! Don't watch that! Watch this!
- An open letter
- Over the river and through the woods...
- And then my brain exploded and my arm fell off
- One time I was in a band
- Just Because You Can Doesn't Mean You Should
- One Christmas down
- I wish I had a communicable, uncurable disease rig...
- Out of the mouths of babes
- I'm Done
- Son of the son of the...It's a fun story thing.
- Apparently my whole family wants to go the hospita...
- She lives!
- Giving my Health Insurance a Work Out
- ▼ December (18)