*What should have happened:
(Scene: Local Meijer grocery store customer service desk. For the uninitiated: Think Walmart but cleaner, and less hobo-ridden).
I bought item X for 169.99 on sale (original price was 209.99) two days ago.
It went on sale yesterday for 25% off the original price, making it about $157. Meijer does the whole "price match" thing so, if something gets cheaper within a week, you get the difference.
I should have gotten the difference between what I paid and what the new sale price is: about $13.
169.99 - 157.49 = 12.50
Still with me?
*What actually happened:
Customer Service Girl insists I should get 25% of 169.99.
Me: Are you sure?
Me: Really? I don't think that's right.
CSG: Yes, have a good night!
169.99 x 25% = 42.50
Me: Oh, I will.
For Your Scrapbook
- Do they not teach math in public school anymore?
- Hey you! Don't watch that! Watch this!
- An open letter
- Over the river and through the woods...
- And then my brain exploded and my arm fell off
- One time I was in a band
- Just Because You Can Doesn't Mean You Should
- One Christmas down
- I wish I had a communicable, uncurable disease rig...
- Out of the mouths of babes
- I'm Done
- Son of the son of the...It's a fun story thing.
- Apparently my whole family wants to go the hospita...
- She lives!
- Giving my Health Insurance a Work Out
- ▼ December (18)