1. I cannot stand when people are late, absent any good reason. And even with a good reason I still get irked. This was especially maddening when I was doing hair in a salon.
When I am late for something I just about have a full on panic attack. If I'm not ten minutes early, in my mind, I am late.
2. I also cannot stand when people chew with their mouth open or slurp their drink.
3. I hate when my feet feel dry and scratchy, especially if I have to walk barefoot across cement. BLECH!
4. I love taking baths. It's like a hobby of mine. If I don't feel good either mentally or physically, a super hot bath always fixes me right up.
5. I use sugar and both powdered and liquid creamer in my coffee (all at the same time) when I drink it at home.
6. I am turning 35 in a couple of weeks and I am not happy about it. This is the first birthday that is bumming me out, and I hope it's not a pattern because there's not turning back the clock.
7. I am having a hard time with sending my youngest off to kindergarten in the fall. It's not that she's not mentally ready. She's just so tiny for her age and I'm worried she'll get run over by all the other kids. Hopefully having a big sister will have taught her the proper way to throw an elbow without getting caught.
8. I love love love reading true crime novels (or "murder books" as my husband calls them). I'm also obsessed with the television equivalent. When I found the ID channel I about peed myself with excitement.
9. Ever since I was old enough to read and write I've wanted to be a (paid) writer. It doesn't look like that's happening any time soon so blogging is the next best thing. I'll take what I can get.
10. I love my family. Some days I wonder how the hell I got here, but I am so happy I did. Without them and my wonderful friends, I would most likely be the subject of one of those books or TV shows I love so much. I wish I was kidding.
Big ups to Alice at Mindless Rambling of a 26 Year Old for this prestigious award (seriously, she sent a fruit basket and day spa gift certificates with it. What? You didn't get yours?).
I'm supposed to tag some people to continue the gut spilling. I can only think of two people off the top of my head that would really really get into this.
Earth Muffin and Astroboy.
Get to work, bitches!
For Your Scrapbook
- Relatives and sex toys should never ever come up i...
- You say it's your birthday...
- Want to do a good deed?
- Groundhog Day
- SNOW DAY!
- New and Improved
- College was way more fun the first time around
- Maybe I just need a Valium?
- I can hear the four horsemen on the horizon...
- Ten Honest Things
- And not a single bra in my freezer
- How NOT to be famous in my town
- ▼ January (12)
- ► 2008 (100)