Well, we're almost through the first full week at the new house and all's well.
I had my surgery yesterday and am feeling way better than expected. A little twinge here and there, but nothing a little Tylenol with codeine can't handle. It was actually nice to have a little forced down time.
My realtor sent us a thank you gift, and it arrived on Thursday. I don't know how to use it but when I figure it out, I figure she's saved me about 4million dollars (plus tip) a year at Starbucks. Rockin'.
Now that we're moved in and the surgery's all done, it's time to start gearing up for the rest of the crazy summer.
This weekend I'll be in Arizona for my cousin's wedding. Most of my Dad's side of the family will be there, and they will be meeting my girls for the first time. Seeing as most of them have lived in New York or thereabouts for their whole lives, I won't be the least bit surprised if my long gone east coast accent rears its head by the end of the weekend.
After that it will be an endless parade of kiddy birthday parties, a Fourth of July party here, then maybe a weekend trip to St. Louis. Somewhere in there I'm planning a garage sale to get rid of all the useless shit I discovered hidden in the back of several cabinets at the old house.
I feel like this summer is going to fly by and it's barely started.
The only thing not going by quickly is the dogs' adjustment to a new place. Boy dog has shit in the house on a number of occasions. He is very lucky I love his dopey self, or I might have put someone else's address and phone number on the new ID tags.
For Your Scrapbook
- ► 2008 (100)
- ...But I'll probably still drive by the house and ...
- For your scrapbook
- Because the neighbors don't think we're weird enou...
- The Haps
- The one I really really don't want my Mom to read
- Pig Sty
- Proof that I have not lost my badassedness to moth...
- "You know what I love about summer?"
- Our house is sold...again
- Lowe's owns my soul
- This New House
- Home Sweet Home
- Move in day approacheth and other weird shit
- Sometimes my nerditude knows no bounds
- Yesterday I changed the course of history
- Freelance Hair Bitch comtemplates new direction in...
- ▼ June (17)