At my house, smoking is relegated outside to the back porch.
Mornings, I sit out here with my coffee, cigarettes and laptop and ease into my day. I live such a charmed life, yes?
A few days ago I snuck out for a quick smoke break to find a butterfly frantically flapping its wings against the window, trying to find its way out. It was freaky, and this thing did not want to give up.
Two days later, the thing was still aflappin' at the window pane. "A" for effort, man.
It had been at it for so long, its wings were starting to fray, but it was hellbent on breaching the unbreachable.
I couldn't take it anymore. I set aside my disdain for touching any type of insect and carefully grabbed one of its flappers and threw it out the door.
What's that saying about a butterfly flapping its wings in China...
For Your Scrapbook
- ► 2008 (100)
- ...But I'll probably still drive by the house and ...
- For your scrapbook
- Because the neighbors don't think we're weird enou...
- The Haps
- The one I really really don't want my Mom to read
- Pig Sty
- Proof that I have not lost my badassedness to moth...
- "You know what I love about summer?"
- Our house is sold...again
- Lowe's owns my soul
- This New House
- Home Sweet Home
- Move in day approacheth and other weird shit
- Sometimes my nerditude knows no bounds
- Yesterday I changed the course of history
- Freelance Hair Bitch comtemplates new direction in...
- ▼ June (17)